- 9 Togas
- 12 Genie Pants (YAY!!!!)
- 8 dress capes (halfway done!)
- 2 hip-hop outfits-(one done!!!!!)
- hand symbol elastics
- toreador cape
- 16 mesh masks
- my sari!
Sunday night I thought the hip-hop costumes were going to be the death of me. Whoever decided to put sequence on mesh adhered by glue was surely not the brightest crayon on the box. Why oh why did I say “sure I can sew that” I definitely didn’t know what I was getting into… See, every time the needle goes up and down it picks up a little of the glue then shreds the thread making it impossible to sew. I think I made up a few new words last night in sewing furry. On Monday night, feeling more confident about these hip hop costumes, I went to Jo-Ann’s for some thread and decided to ask if there was anything I could do about it. The wonderful lady there told me to use this liquid called “Sewer’s Aid” IT WORKS!!! I zipped through those meshy glued down sequence in no time.
After finishing the togas this past weekend and completing one of the hip-hop costumes, I’m am feeling a little bit of relief. Apparently I’m the busy one, I’m trying to find the time to get it all done.
A public service announcement: Never, ever, ever purchase or ask someone to sew this fabric, unless you plan on that person having a full head of hair the next day. Thank you.